Dec 18, 2007

Hotel Booking without Deposit

When my friend came to Japan few month ago, he tried to book the hotels via Internet by himself. He wondered and asked me why the hotel didn't ask him the credit card No. for the deposit.


This is not uncommon for us because this is very typical case of hotel booking in Japan.


There are some type of hotels in Japan like Japanese-style hotel, Western-style hotel, Rental villa, Guest house, etc but book the rooms without deposit is not uncommon.


Sometimes I book the rooms for my business trip or for my family's vacation via web site or by phone but normally I don't pass my credit card information for the deposit.


Of course some hotels ask the deposit by cash or by credit card information but some hotels don't ask any deposit.


Some hotels show us their cancel policy in their web site, but no need to put the credit card information.


This is not uncommon for us.


--

Google